Readings from the Gospels with Celebratory Music Down the Ages
Carols, choruses and chorales illustrate the Christmas story as abstracted from St. Luke and St. Matthew. Our audience will be invited to join the choir in the singing of well known and popular carols, while the works of Praetorius, Handel, Berlioz and many others comment on the unfolding story. Bernard Cuffling is our Narrator.
Saturday, Dec 7th, 2019 7:00 p.m.
St. Helen’s Anglican Church, 4405 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver
Sunday, Dec 8th, 2019 3:00 p.m.
St. Mary Magdalene Anglican Church, Georgina Point Road, Mayne Island
The following music will be presented:
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- Gabriel’s Message
- Mary Did You Know
- And the Glory of the Lord from Handel’s “Messiah”
- Ave Maria – Anton Bruckner
- Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis by Charles Villiers Stanford
- Puer Natus in Bethlehem by Michael Praetorius
- For Unto Us a Child is Born from Handel’s “Messiah”
- Hail the Blest Morn – arranged by Earle Peach
- Il est né le divin enfant
- Away in a Manger
- Rise Up Shepherd and Follow
- Ach ich bei meinen Schafen wacht – arranged by David Millard
- Glory to God in the Highest
- Shepherd’s Farewell – Hector Berlioz
- We Three Kings
- Coventry Carol
- Jesus Child
- Joy to the World
Tickets can be purchased from any choir member or at the door. Online tickets are available after Oct 1st at brownpapertickets.com – go to https://acshelens.brownpapertickets.com.