Why Should You Support the Choir
The Vivaldi Chamber Choir:
- Contributes to the community by performing fine choral music from all periods in concerts at affordable ticket prices.
- Undertakes outreach activities by singing without fee at third party fundraising events
- Provides Christmas-time entertainment to residents of care homes and hospitals
- Furnishes opportunities for young professionals to perform as soloists and/or section leaders
- Hires individual musicians or established groups of instrumentalists for at least one major concert each season
- Offers choral singing experience to some who might not otherwise afford it by accepting partial dues
- Awards scholarships to particularly deserving singers
- Offers a young conductor mentorship program
- Performs compositions of local composers whose music might not otherwise be heard
How Can You Support the Choir
The Society is registered with Revenue Canada as a charitable entity and any donation of $20 or more will be acknowledged with a tax-deductible receipt. Individuals and businesses can contribute to the staging of a particular concert or provide sponsorship for the whole season. Gifts that are intended for this purpose are acknowledged in the Programme provided to all audience members and which is then posted, usually as a searchable document on this site.
Contributions, also tax deductible, can be made to our Bursary Fund to be used exclusively to welcome promising choral singers who might have difficulty in paying membership dues or otherwise contributing to the financial health of the choir
Our concert programme documents carry a limited amount of advertising. Space can be booked for a particular concert or for the whole season, including any applicable outreach events.
How to Make a Payment
- We will gladly accept your cheque, noting the amount of your donation, at one of our concerts
- Contact our President, Joan Fitzpatrick at 604.221.0665 to mail us your gift
- Use your PayPal account or use PayPal to process your credit card transaction (no need to have an account!)
- We are registered with Canada Helps so you can use your credit card to make a single donation or authorize recurring support - for example, a small amount every month. Canada helps is itself a registered charity and for a very small percentage processing fee of between 3 and 4% tax receipts will be issued on our behalf.
- To arrange or inquire about programme advertising contact Margaret Archibald