Legal and Regulatory Matters
- The Greater Vancouver Vivaldi Chamber Choir Society was incorporated on December 3rd, 1991 under the provisions of the Society Act of British Columbia.
- Federal registration with the Canadian Revenue Agency as a Charitable Organisation was accepted on December 3rd, 1991.As a result donations are acknowledged with a tax deductible receipt.
- The society's fiscal year ends on June 30th each year and an information return is filed after the completion of an annual general meeting of the society's membership as required by the BC Society Act.
- An annual return of financial and governance information is filed with the federal authorities within six months of the fiscal year end. These returns are public documents; search here to view the society's filing.
- The Greater Vancouver Vivaldi Chamber Choir Society is governed by a Board of Directors on behalf of the membership.
- The membership elect (or acclaim) their board at an annual general meeting which is held during the last quarter of the calendar year.
- The Board of Directors comprises the officers (President, Secretary and Treasurer) and up to five directors. Each serves a one year term and there is no limit to the number successive terms that may be served.
- The Artistic Director is a non-voting member of the board and the Choir Manager is regularly invited to attend board meetings in an advisory capacity.